A Space of My Own: 8 Instant Tent Ideas for PreSchoolersJuly 16, 2008 9:41 pm Uncategorized
All kids love having a little enclosed space that they can call their own. It could be a tent, or a playhouse, or anything similar that no one can enter, but her. If you have a tent, summer is a good time to set it up in the yard. If not, simply
- Throw a sheet over your clothesline, and hold it down with bricks on either side.
- Pull the sofa in front, and throw cushions on the floor between the sofa and wall.
- Cover a card table with an old sheet, and cut out holes for windows. Use marker pens to make brick designs for “walls.”
- Throw a blanket between two chairs.
- Use pillows and cushions to build a fort for her inside the house.
- If you have a bunk bed, throw a sheet in front of the lower bed.
- Throw a large sheet over the dining table.
- Make a playhouse by using a large old carton or cardboard box. Check out Idea No. 9 here.
Use cushions and pillows to accessorize the little playhouse. Remember, a secret getaway needs a secret password or a secret handshake for all those who enter.
If you liked this post and would like to be notified whenever I update this blog
Subscribe through E-Mail
Subscribe through RSS